According to the Constitution, the Secretariat is responsible for the administration and management of the Network, specifically to:
- Keep the Network’s files and minutes.
- Arrange for the Network’s publications.
- Prepare the annual reports.
- Prepare, organise and convene the Network’s meetings.
- Prepare, organise and convene the Board’s meetings.
- Collect fees and subscriptions.
- Management of all financial procedures.
- Provide any kind of assistance INQAAHE members may require.
- Assume other responsibilities, as agreed by the Board, not provided for in the Constitution.
Only full members can provide the Secretariat for INQAAHE. The Secretariat is appointed for a term of two and a half years.
At least six months before the end of the first term of the Secretariat the Board decides whether the Secretariat —if interested— may continue for a second term of two and a half years. In this case the existing contract is prolonged for another term of two and a half years without re-tender. If the first term contract is not automatically prolonged, and in any case after a second term, an open call is published for candidates to host the INQAAHE Secretariat.