INQAAHE is a worldwide association of near 300 organizations active in the theory and practice of quality assurance in higher education. The great majority of its members are quality assurance agencies that operate in many different ways, although the Network also welcomes (as associate members) other organizations that have an interest in QA in HE.
Following the amendments to the Constitution introduced in 2018, based on the accumulated experience throughout the years, as well as introduction of a new membership category, a revision of the membership criteria and processes has been undertaken. The current membership criteria and procedures wants to ensure quality, accountability, and responsibilities of the applicants and current members in order to keep instilling trust and credibility among the wider HE community.
PDF INQAHEE MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA AND PROCESS (December 2018)
INQAAHE offers four categories of membership:
- GGP ALIGNED MEMBERS are organizations responsible for assuring the quality of post-secondary provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs, which have successfully undergone the INQAAHE GGP Alignment procedure and whose alignment is current.
- FULL MEMBERS are organizations responsible for assuring the quality of post-secondary provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are tertiary education institutions or organizations with a major interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education, but without the responsibility for assuring the quality of institutions or education programs.
- AFFILIATE MEMBERS are individuals with a major interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education and a proven track record of involvement in tertiary education quality assurance.
The benefits for being and INQAAHE Member are as follows:
|Access to the Good Practice Database|
|Access to the Query Service and Support|
|Access to the database of consultants|
|Receive three annual editions of the Academic Journal “Quality in Higher Education”*|
|Receive the electronic INQAAHE Bulletin and Communiqué quarterly|
|Participate in decision-making according to the rights listed in the Constitution|
|Promote events through INQAAHE’s Website|
|Access to General Assembly documentation (minutes, annexes, other documents, etc.) through the INQAAHE’s intranet|
|Participate in and/or host INQAAHE events such as the Biannual Conference and Forum||*||*|
|Members who have paid or are up to date with their membership, can apply to discounts on conferences and forums registration fees|
|Use of INQAHEE’s trademark and logo according to the Guidelines|
|Involvement in the INQAAHE review panels|
|Avail the priority of being involved in and granted the INQAAHE multiple projects|
* Associate/Institutional members and Affiliates may participate in INQAHEE annual events such as the Biannual Conference and Forum. However, only QA agencies can host these events.
DISCLAIMER: Membership of INQAAHE does not convey any independent recognition or status, except for GGP Aligned Members.