Foundation year: 2013
The European Council of Leading Business Schools ("ECLBS"), registered in the European Union (registered Identification Number 40008215839) is an independent not-for-profit organization (NFPO) working to benefit students and higher education, and one of the world’s experts in quality assurance for business education. working to advance policies and practices that ensure a more interconnected, peaceful world today and for generations to come. ECLBS is trusted by higher education providers and regulatory bodies to maintain and enhance quality and standards. ECLBS works with national accreditation bodies, private agencies, and institutions all over the world.
ECLBS Mission Statement
- To become an accepted and trusted educational quality assurance body, recognized worldwide, which provides relevant and up-to-date curriculum to meet the needs of students and the demands of industry, commerce, and academia
- To become the educational quality assurance body of choice for students, higher education institutions, colleges, and universities worldwide
- To instill a sense of good ethical practice for the use of the internet through the inclusion of digital ethics programs in ECLBS member's courses
ECLBS’s quality concept has the following objectives:
- To ensure ECLBS’s establishment as a discipline-specific quality organization in the European context;
- To safeguard and further enhance the high standard carried out in business education;
- To ensure adequate staff and material resources on a lasting basis in all business education fields.
ECLBS is a member of
- the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Quality International Group (CIQG) in the USA
- the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) in Europe.
ECLBS has signed Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) with the following state accreditation bodies/countries
- Further and Higher Education Authority MFHEA (Malta/EU)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation CAEP (USA)
- The Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating IAAR (Kazakhstan)
- Accreditation Agency KAA (Kosovo)
- Authority for Quality Assurance of Higher Education (Mauritania)
- Higher Education Council (Syria)
- the full list can be found on the ECLBS website
ECLBS signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Council for Higher Education Accreditation International Quality Group (CIQG) in the USA
ECLBS is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by members
ECLBS members include +50 state national quality assurance bodies and universities in Europe and abroad as well as professional and trade associations close to business education.