The Board of Directors manages the general affairs of the Network. It is composed of an elected President, an appointed Secretary, seven elected Directors, up to four co-opted Directors and the immediate Past President.
According to the Constitution, the responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Decide on the admission of members to the Network.
- Exclude, upon the recommendation of the President, any member.
- Ensure that any specific mandate determined by the General Assembly is executed.
- Replace any members of the Board who resign between Ordinary Meetings. When the Board appoints a director to fill an occasional vacancy caused by the departure of an elected director, the appointed director will serve out the term of office of the departing director and is a full director with the same rights and responsibilities as the director they replace.
- Take any necessary measures on behalf of the Network between meetings of the General Assembly.
- Solicit and receive donations and sponsorship on behalf of the Network.
- Consider and approve annual accounts within three months of the end of a designated financial year.
- Prepare an annual report on finance and activities for the distribution to members within six months of the end of a designated financial year.
- Decide, upon the recommendation of the President, to remove, by a majority vote of the full Board, any Director who does not fulfil the obligations outlined in article 41 and accepted as commitments to INQAAHE upon his or her election to the Board of Directors.
Board composition 2018-2021 is as follows:
Susanna Karakhanyan - President
Immediate Past President of the Accreditation Commission of the National Center for Professional Education Quality Assurance in Armenia. Quality Assurance Section Manager Abu Dhabi Education Council, the United Arab Emirates
Leah K. Matthews - Vice President
DEAC, Distance Education Accrediting Commission, USA
Vivek Gupta Ramnarain - Treasurer
TEC, Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
Angela Yung-Chi Hou
HEEACT, Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan
Salim Ahmed Khan
Riphah International University, Pakistan
TEQSA, Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, Australia
AKKORK (Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance and Career Development), Russia
University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago
Martí Casadesús Fa - Secretary
Quality Assurance and Qualifications, Ireland
The Board works through committees or working groups.