Academic Information Centre (AIC)/ Quality Agency for Higher Education (AIKA) is issuing an open call for international experts who would be interested to participate in the upcoming evaluations of study directions (study programme groups) in Latvia.
Selected experts will be included in the database and notified. Experts included in the data base should be ready to participate in short-term assignments for assessing the quality of higher education institutions and study directions (fields) in Latvia starting from autumn 2019. The assignment will consist of a preparatory stage, on-site visit, and preparation of the assessment report. The on-site visit for the assessment will take from 2 working days up to 5 working days according to the size of the institution/number of study programmes in the study direction (study programme group).
Application is open for candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
- University degree in one of the fields mentioned in the application form;
- Recognised in their respective fields as researchers, teachers of the subject, Bologna experts, independent higher education experts/consultants;
- Experience as a peer reviewer (in the evaluation of internal quality assurance systems, evaluation of scientific activities of a higher education institution, strategic management, internationalisation etc.) in the home country and internationally;
- Expertise in development, design, provision, and evaluation of higher education study programmes;
- Current or a recent managerial position or participation in governing bodies in a higher education institution will be an asset;
- Fluency in English
Interested candidates may fill in the electronic application form available HERE until 15 September 2019.
All information will be included in the AIC/ AIKA database. Representatives from AIC/ AIKA will be in contact with the selected experts with proposal to participate in particular evaluations in Latvia.
If you should have any questions or clarifications, please contact AIC/ AIKA by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You will also find AIC/AIKA's call on their official website.