Events and Proceedings
Latest INQAAHE Conference
From the 4th till the 7th of April 2011, INQAAHE did organise its biennial Conference in Madrid, Spain.
The Conference theme for this year was "Quality Assurance: Foundation for the Future".
There were four subthemes:
· Globalizing forces and national/regional goals in higher education: emerging issues
· Professionalization of quality assurance
· Effective QA processes for diversity, development and sustainability
· Independence of QA vis a vis different stakeholders
INQAAHE's biennial conferences and fora
Among its activities INQAAHE holds :
- A biennial conference and general assembly in years ending in an odd digit (since 2000, Bangalore 2001, Dublin 2003, Wellington 2005, Toronto 2007, Abu Dhabi 2009, Madrid 2011). The conference attracts about 200-300 delegates and lasts for 3-4 days and
- A biennial INQAAHE members’ forum for representatives of member agencies in years ending in an even digit (since 2000, Budapest 2000, Kingston 2002, Muscat 2004, The Hague 2006, Buenos Aires 2008, Windhoek 2010, Melbourne 2012). This meeting lasts 2-3 days and attracts 60-80 delegates.
The 2009 Biennial Conference was hosted by the Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education in the United Arab Emirates. The
presentations and papers can be found here.
The 2010 Members' Forum was hosted by The Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA) in Windhoek, Namibia. The forum theme was "The responsiveness of External Quality Assurance Agencies".
To consult the Forum website click here.