Specific purposes of INQAAHE are:
- To create, collect and disseminate information on current and developing theory and practice in the assessment, improvement and maintenance of quality in higher education.
- To undertake or commission research in areas relevant to quality in higher education.
- To express the collective views of its members on matters relevant to quality in higher education through contacts with international bodies and by other means.
- To promote the theory and practice of the improvement of quality in higher education.
- To provide advice and expertise to assist existing and emerging quality assurance agencies.
- To facilitate links between quality assurance agencies and support networks of quality assurance agencies.
- To assist members to determine the standards of institutions operating across national borders and facilitate better-informed international recognition of qualifications.
- To assist in the development and use of credit transfer and credit accumulation schemes to enhance the mobility of students between institutions (within and across national borders).
- To enable members to be alert to improper quality assurance practices and organisations. To organise, on request, reviews of the operation of members.
- To organise, on request, reviews of the operation of members.
Current constitution was amended by electronic voting of the Extraordinary General Assembly in July 2013.
Click here for the HTML version.
Statement on EQA
An INQAAHE statement on External Quality Assurance can be found below.